Date: 7 - 9am, Wednesday 12 October 2011
Venue: Bradfield Park
Address: Harbour Bridge cycleway
For this year's Ride to Work Day North Sydney's Bradfield Park will be transformed into the Champs Elysees with free croissants and coffee and live Parisian cafe music!
- Prizes for best French outfit and bike - sponsored by Nutcase.
- Free bike checks/tune-ups - provided by Cranks North Sydney.
- Professional riding position advice - provided by Back In Business Physiotherapy.
- Free bike goodies.
- Get your bike registered with mybikeREGO.
RSVP to this event on Facebook here.
Some tips for people riding to work for the first time:
- Make sure your bicycle is roadworthy. Get it checked at your local bicycle store if you're unsure.
- Plan your route using one of the many cycling maps available from Councils and libraries. Try to stick to dedicated cycleways and quieter roads. Consider trying out the route on a weekend beforehand.
- Make sure the distance does not exceed your fitness level. If you think it is too far, you might consider doing part of the journey by car or public transport.
- Take a change of clothes to work the day before.
The North Sydney Ride to Work Day Breakfast is being hosted by North Sydney Council as part of the 2011 Sydney Rides Festival.